Wednesday, August 14, 2013

anywherebuthereitis

Lately I've been suffering from a strong case of what I like to call anywhere-but-here-itis. Being in one place for four months is seriously wearing on my sanity, which is bothersome and worrisome and many other somes I have yet to identify. But mostly I'm just scared. I have one more year of college left and after that things seem very final. Pick a career, pick a city, pick an apartment, and stay put. I'm afraid of being stuck, and I'm afraid of making the wrong decision, and more than anything I'm afraid that I'll never be able to find a home if I keep wandering. But I suppose it will all turn out in the end.

In the meantime I dream of far away places.


Mostly when I dream I dream of Florence. Florence with its little cars and cobbled roads and Italian sunsets.

But who knows? After all, life's a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment